Badminton Forums  

Go Back   Badminton Forums > General > Professionals & Tournaments

Notices

Professionals & Tournaments Discuss your favourite badminton professionals and tournaments here.

Old 07-09-2017

Li Mao

class badminton men's singles players, former Chinese badminton men's singles coach Dong Jiong, Sun Jun, Chen Gang are in coach Li Mao coming to the fore.

Li Mao, was born in Wenzhou, Zhejiang Province [1], was a class badminton men's singles players in 1958, he served as the Chinese badminton men's singles coach Li Mao, Dong Jiong, Sun Jun, Chen Gang are coached When coming to the fore. End of 1998 Lee the spear left the national team. In September of the following year, the invitation by the Korea Badminton Association, Li Mao became the men's singles coach of the Korean team. the

in 2000 soup Cup coach Li Mao, the then two little-known South Korean teenager - Sun Shengmo, Lee Hyun repeatedly Lectra strong opponents. The next several years, Lee Hyun Yi has been the main opponents of the Chinese men's singles, three years later, he defeated Chen Hong Su Cup final to recapture the championship trophy set Tougong lost 10 years of South Korea. Sun Shengmo in Athens, won the runner-up. Malaysians snatched from the hands of the Korean this "tight Cargo"

Athens Olympics after.

stadium according to (11)

Li Mao, the pointing of the expert, Malaysia first men's singles Lee Chong Wei from a first-class players gradually move closer to the top players become Taufik, Lin Dan, like badminton super characters world ranking once the top of the list. early

2006, Li Mao back to South Korea to teach, the identity of singles chief coach of the national team, 07 of China Open Sunghwan Park the first round of the favorite lindane eliminated, creating a sensation. 08 first battle Malaysian Super Series, his two disciples (South Korean Lee Hyun VS Malaysian Lee Chong Wei) and reach the final.

2010 Uber Li Mao led Korea to the identity of the Korean team head coach of the men's singles finals and beat a total score of 3-1, the South Korean women's team is historically won the Uber Cup for the first time. Li Mao,

Character coach wandering love foaming bucket mosquitoes after the exodus to South Korea in 1999, the Li Mao, lived a reclusive life. Li Mao, annual midwinter, Korea Tailing base almost heavy snow closed environment, the language barrier, Internet chat, and family Landlords on OurGame ". He said that the "Korean love pickles, I love foaming. Li Mao

2005 early, Li Mao suddenly suspended contract and Korea Feathers, traveled to Malaysia. Because in his heart never want long-term left to go in South Korea, so he always refused to learn Korean, just for one day can return home to coach. the

in Malaysia two years, Li Mao while playing the "Landlords", while "bucket" with a variety of tropical mosquitoes. In Kuala Lumpur, he again finished one star sports, Lee Chong Wei to bring the throne of the world's first. However, his roots are always also. This time, of Li Mao appeared International badminton less and less frequency. Occasionally in the contest and the Chinese athletes to make a face to face, only a nodding acquaintance. Li Mao intentionally or unintentionally, to avoid contact with the Chinese team, but a daily surf news, let his dynamic well aware of the domestic.

Li Mao said what to say, go! 2006 world championships, previous BaoChunLai maintain six-game winning streak, Lee Chong Wei, the "accident" in the 1/4 final defeat. The game was full of twists and turns. After losing, Lee Chong Wei told the media, Li Yongbo game has been in the stands yelling, and threatened to break his legs. Saying half behind sounded snapped: "what to say to say, go!" Everyone looked back, it is Lee Chong Wei's coach Li Mao. remark spread Li Yongbo

Li Zong Jiaotou very disagree: "how do I might say to break his legs? those who are not bandits? Lee Chong Wei in the game often Luanhan interfere with the referee. I remind BaoChunLai the called Lee Chong Wei to close his mouth. "Li Yongbo's eyes, Lee Chong Wei is a very talented player, but" good not learned, problems learned a lot ", alluding to Li Mao. That time, Li Yongbo, Li Mao between the two contradictions in the accumulation of years later, and again broke out, and damaged two students.

coach Li Mao returning has unrealistic Li Mao in 2007 to return to Korea, but South Korea men's singles at this year's world championships and the Super Series

life according to (4)

mediocre. Time to 2008, Li Mao, Lee Hyun mentoring comeback. Drifting for years, simmering breath Li Mao has always been convinced that he is the best singles coach. The "realignment", Li Mao was very elated. Therefore, it is not difficult to understand, when Lee Hyun a medal final again, Li Mao share urgent mood to win. After all,, Lee Hyun left the South Korean national team for more than half a year after the Li Mao insisted he re-recall. Mentoring both an explanation and comfort each other.

Chinese saying goes: people living breath. Li Mao more than once told the media: "the original reason to make that choice, not my personal wish a few years ago, has been a very strong desire to return to the national team, but in recent years more and more light, because I know this is not realistic personal desire so to say, the wedding dress for others, this is the biggest regret of my life. "

do not learn Korean for the return home," I want to go back, so I do not learn Korean Conditions of Contract can stay any longer, I do not learn, seems to be I'm sorry people. "Li Mao first went to Korea coach is very attractive, dry and quit, the two sides on the line as long as 10 days prior notice. "I value this one only agreed to sign, from the bottom of my heart because I do not want long-term stay in Korea."

2002 January should total invitation of South Korea, Li Mao again Korea, and the other let him enjoy the official preparation, Olympics treatment of the national team coach is expected to medal, but requires a one-time performance of four years, and proselytizing women's singles. Li Mao did not agree. "You know the result of how they are I retain you?" Said Li Mao, in order to allow him to stay, Korea Feathers actually agree with him privately signed another "unequal treaties", the core content "even female The single scores did not improve, Feathers will be renewed with him ... "This is unprecedented in South Korea. Korean so cherish, also failed to impress the heart of Li Mao, Korean coaches and athletes with Li Mao had learned from the Chinese.

The dumb coach with famous will not speak Korean, Li Mao said he was a "dumb coach. "Dumb coach after three years actually obscure all in Juan brought to the world singles ranking seventh.

Li Mao is body language plus method of teaching. The body language is "doing the demonstration, the method of teaching is a" lack of Han complement what is not expected to receive unprecedented teaching effectiveness. Full in Juan last year has been respectively two wins Danish master Martin, Dutch star Mia, Hong Kong, China's Wang Chen and China's Xie. No wonder the Kim Dae-jung deliberately sent a letter to Li Mao, praised his contribution to for Korean badminton sports development. When you receive this letter, because do not understand Korean, Li Mao mistaken for a Kim Dae-jung please his letter to eat it.

"full Juan need to improve the language of communication between me and her is too important. either return home, or started to learn Korean." Li Mao said that they have come to a crossroads. "I went to South Korea has the fourth year, I do not have his family with the past, not Korean, you say this is for what? I have said more than once, in a foreign country are not only the money which the Chinese people do not want to go home to do something for their country do? "

Li Mao - contradiction with Li Yongbo Li Mao and Li Yongbo had eaten in a pot, the brothers together through thick and thin. 1994 Asian Games, the Chinese team took home seven bronze medals, the Chinese badminton into an unprecedented low. But in just one year, the Chinese team took Sudirman get it back, and won the Soviet Cup moment, all the coaches cried, we all hugged tightly, while Li Yongbo was Head coach Li Mao is the men's singles coach, two people also tightly hold together.

spare time, two people have a common hobby - playing cards, comparable feelings built up at the poker table is basically in jail and a soldier, played cards together, together had it tough, with the turn of the body, but the story immediately cliches, and the same trouble but not total wealth, two Lee eventually enemies.

break, Li Yongbo said Li Mao is the villain, the character in question, Li Mao Li Mao in 1998 encouraged other coaches and some of the old players turned around and struck his head coach Li Yongbo think; anti-Li Yongbo right now, Li Mao sentence to sum up: "You look at the history of the ancient Chinese, is a truth, only the Minister of the emperor to kill the emperor, Liu Bang, are the same birds do, the good bow died Jiaotu stooges cooking, he said I rebel, but why should I rebel? "

a result of this storm is typical of the" winner takes all "," winner "Li Yongbo still stay in the Chinese badminton team, and loser "Li Mao chose to resign voluntarily. Li Mao's departure, the two are not the same, Li Yongbo said Li Mao know we will not re-appoint him, so I chose to resign. "Li Mao dismissed this statement:" I have chosen to resign Later, a long time above batches Why should resign, too simple, I can not stay any longer, in a word, he did not I, I do not have him. "

Li Mao provides a material:" I want to take the time, the leadership of the above to find I talked about three words are actually giving me the opportunity to Li Yongbo shake hands, as long as I say, all right, I will be able to continue to stay in the Chinese badminton team. fact, Li Yongbo own also talked to me, he said: 'You can not go, if you go, the Chinese men's singles how do ah? who made set ah?' and I said: 'can you go I will not go.' - I did not give him any face, any chance of this kind of thing is not can you step back, I step, I could not understand him a lot of things, some things can be said, but can not write, or for later. "

" Li Yongbo said I offered to resign because I know that in the implementation of the badminton individual coach after the implementation of the appointment system, I will not be hired. nonsense "in an interview with reporters, Li Mao appeared excited. Especially badminton head coach Li Yongbo before the open conflict between media Admiral Lee with his spear, Li Mao had been silent, it is necessary to clarify the facts, and let people know the truth.

Li Mao said: "offered to resign my personal behavior, that is my personal choice when improper singles coach Li Yongbo has no power to control me the reason I want to the resignation report leapfrog to the State Sports General Administration of ball sports management center without first submitted to the team for approval, it is because the Li Yongbo not me as a coach to see, so I am not going to put him as a head coach to see Li Yongbo accused men's singles not, I can guide the men's singles training achievements It is obvious to all. course, if the Bangkok Asian Games in China in men's singles did not win, I will never resign, otherwise, I have to be Li Yongbo right worthless. Yongbo said that did not go on duty the night of the cross resignation report, if night really out what to who is responsible? I can tell him, I can not work is to get the approval of the management center to say on duty, has been responsible for precisely Li Yongbo own, not only to the number of times at least, and the duty time not drinking, is to look for other coaches to accompany him to play cards, everyone knows that in the badminton team. "

Li Mao quite sad:" Li Yongbo period of time, has used his powers to silence me, and finally I main the coach completely overhead. players want to leave home without my consent, directly to the coaches of the two teams can; players play abroad candidates, this coach has no right to decide, by the second team coach to determine or Li Yongbo simply given; the past six months, Li Yongbo not let the players I brought to participate in any international competitions, deliberately created by the lack of my training targeted this behavior is public or private, people can judge, before the Board Jiong and Sun Jun game to play well, some reporters wanted to interview me, Li Yongbo will make every effort to obstruct. "

asked Li Mao Li Yongbo" grudges ", Li Mao exclaimed: hard to describe. In an interview, he revealed that a little inside information: Li Yongbo the man is not top grade and style of high-handed, causing indignation of the team a lot of coaches, and a joint letter to the central leadership sued Li Yongbo. Li Yongbo finally Management Center Paul down after, Li Yongbo began the implementation of his "revenge" plan. Chinese badminton team has more than coach forced to successively helpless departed facts, should be able to illustrate the problem.

things have been rising to the height of the "good and evil are not separated." contradiction how adjustable and, war why would quell? It can be expected that the war of the two men will climax after another, because the two sides had already torn skinned, not timid, not the typical methods of struggle of the Chinese people that "the face and the heart does not and Badminton Competition in

each bureau English the official language of the game called "GAME", which may be understood as the essence of sports competitions is the "game". If so many grudges given game, this will be the number of people feel heavy and frustration, not to mention the outcome can not resolve grievances.

Li Mao - and lindane conflict January 27, 2008, the Korea Open badminton men's singles final tiebreaker. The the lindane and South Korea's, with lindane conflict

Lee Hyun World War I into 21 flat tee lindane, the high point of a backcourt Lee Hyun slash at smb. Offensive, lindane determine the ball out of bounds on the ball, but the referee sector lindane find referee theory.

At this time, South Korea's coach Li Mao stood up, stepped forward, and very excited to shout. Lindane may be affected by each other verbal stimulation, throwing the racket in the past, the racket no hit Li Mao. Zhong Bo, head coach of Chinese men's team to view things exactly, Li Mao pushed past. Since then the two sides by the referee, the referee opened, the event continued for about two to three minutes.
Old 07-09-2017

edit Dong Jiong, Li Mao outstanding students standings

major achievements: the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games men's singles silver medal

the Sun Jun

main achievements: Sudirman Cup mixed team event in 1995 and 1997, the champion Chinese players in the team,

Wong Mew Choo (Malaysia )

main achievements: 2007 China Badminton Open winning streak to five Chinese gold medal the

Lee Chong Wei (Malaysia)

main achievements: 2005 Malaysian Open champion, the 2008 Olympic men's singles runner-up in 2010 All England champion

all Juan (Korea)

main achievements: 2004 Asian Championship

the Sun Shengmo (South Korea)

main achievements: hyun Lee (Korea), the 2004 Athens Olympic Games men's singles silver medal

main achievements: the 2002 Asian Games men's singles runner-up Li Mao

with only scores 2002 Asian Games, Li Mao-rate South Korea swept four gold medals; the 2003 Sudirman, South Korea the end of the Chinese team five consecutive championships Dream. Lee Hyun, Sunghwan Park, Sun finished the tiger, Lee Chong Wei badminton champion hand cultivation are Li Mao, Sunghwan Park more "lindane nemesis" name. day

removed a foreign land, the character of Li Mao, as always, stubbornness, determination, do not compromise easily. He did not learn Korean, rely on body language to communicate with the players, is still a success, teaching level is evident. South Korean President Kim Dae-jung and Roh Moo-hyun and so has sent a letter to Li Mao, the head coach of the Korean team all Zhe called the world's "best singles coach. Harvested in Korea tribute, respect and gratitude, but he refused naturalization still often return to the country, not to learn Korean, and rely on the network to pass the time alone in a foreign land.

Li Mao - heart of the motherland, Li Mao in January 2002 should total invitation of the Korean body, Li Mao Korea again, the other to let him enjoy the official preparation, is the most senior national team coach of the Olympic Games is expected to medal treatment , but requires a one-time performance of four years, and proselytizing women's singles. Li Mao did not agree. "You know the result of how they are I retain you?" Said Li Mao, in order to allow him to stay, Korea Feathers actually agree with him privately signed another "unequal treaties", the core content "even female The single scores did not improve, Feathers will be renewed with him ... "This is unprecedented in South Korea. Korean so cherish, also failed to impress the heart of Li Mao, Korean coaches and athletes with Li Mao had learned from the Chinese. Li Mao once said: "I went to South Korea has for many years, and I do not have family members with the past, not Korean, you say this is for what? I have said on more than one occasion, in a foreign country are not only the money which the Chinese people do not want to home, to do something for their own country?
Old 07-16-2017

Some updates about Li Lingwei

This is some interesting development in the Chinese badminton national management.

Basically, Li Lingwei, one of the coaches who resigned in 1998 after some disagreement with Li Yongbo, will be holding an important role again in the national team management structure.

Li Lingwei was one of the two badminton queens in the world in the 80s. together with Han Aiping, they dominated women's badminton, sharing every possible championship for WS, and together they also dominated WD.

After retirement, Li Lingwei became one of the young team coaches, others include Li Yongbo, Tian Bingyi, and Li Mao.

Later on, they had filed complaints about LYB misappropriating team funds, which was later on overruled by investigation by higher ranks. Li Lingwei and Li Mao together resigned and Li Lingwei went to different dept. and Li Mao as we know, self exiled as coach for a couple of prominent foreign teams.

Now, Li Lingwei has been promoted to the same exact rank in the management hierarchy as Li Yongbo. It is unclear how their power will be shared and distributed in the management. The development will be interesting to follow. while the incident happened 10 years ago, certainly there will will be grudges and friction will develop.

Her list of achievement is pretty incredible:

1980 - national champion
1981 - World Cup champion
1982 - Japan Open champion
1982 - All England Champion
1983 - world champion
1983 - AE Champion
1984 - AE runner up
1985 - World Cup champion
1985 - World Grand Prix champion
1989 - World Champion
Old 07-16-2017

Former badminton world champion Li Lingwei of China never had the chance to compete at the Games during her playing career, but yesterday she won an Olympic 'gong' when she was elected a member of the organisation's governing body.

At the International Olympic Committee (IOC) committee meeting held at Grosvenor House Hotel in London, she and four other former stars, including former 200m sprint medallist sprinter Frank Fredericks of Namibia, were elected to the IOC.

In recognition of her new status, she was presented with an 'IOC gold medal' by the body's president Jacques Rogge. She received 83 votes from 94 members.

'It is a very special moment and a great honour for me as a retired athlete and coach,' said the 48-year-old from Zhejiang province.
'You can say it's some sort of compensation for what I missed in my sporting career, which ended without an Olympic gold medal because I retired from sport before badminton was admitted to the Olympic Games in Barcelona in 1992.
'I am also delighted to be given the opportunity to serve sport from another platform, a great platform.
'There were many quality players from my era but not too many of them have this opportunity.
'I am just one of the lucky ones.' Members of the IOC represent and promote the interests of the Olympic movement in their respective countries and in the organisations of the Olympic movement in which they serve.

They also help select the host city of the Olympic Games (summer and winter) every seven years.

The number of IOC member has now been increased from 105 to 110 with this election, which also includes Hong Kong Olympic supremo Timothy Fok Tsun-ting.

'Li was a very famous athlete in her younger days and has served sports for many years,' said Fok. 'She has gained vast popularity in her sport and we are happy to see her join our ranks as an IOC member.'

Li has been rated among the greatest in the history of women's badminton and was inducted into the Badminton Hall of Fame in 1998.

She is one of the most successful players at the world championships, winning three gold medals, two of them in singles and another in the doubles with her partner Han Aiping. Together, they dominated international badminton until Li retired in 1989.
Li was one of the five retired athletes who were chosen to hold the Olympic flag and march into the opening ceremony at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. She is currently the deputy director of the Tennis Administration Centre of China.

World titles mainland badminton legend Li Lingwei won in her playing career
Old 07-16-2017

Badminton in China in 80s, there is a person, at that time is definitely the idol of many fans. She is the "Queen of badminton" said Li Lingwei.

Speaking of Li Lingwei, there is an old fan of the description is like this:"And the same time the player she is sad, because she really is unbeatable, take over all can get the champion. But she is very pretty, like Hong Kong TV series the same woman."At that time the world badminton, in the women's singles "doubles" on the two projects, Li Lingwei's ruling power, unprecedented!

According to the information, she received a total of 38 major international competitions, including the title of world champion as many as 13, becoming the world champion of China's most female athletes. She won the women's doubles title in 1983, 1986, 1987 World Cup and 1985 World Badminton Championships; at the same time in 1983, the 1989 World Badminton Championships and the 1984 to 1987 4 World Cup was the women's singles champion.

Sports record, has earned her numerous honors in the age of the players. From 1984 to 1987, she won the "national top ten athletes" title for four consecutive years. 1987 CCTV Spring Festival Gala, "best player" award ceremony was moved to the scene, she and Xu Haifeng, Lining and other famous athletes winning picture, I am afraid that many people still remember.

However, in her athletes' age, badminton is not the Olympic Games, and when it is time to enter the project of badminton as of 1992 Barcelona Olympic Games, she had retired, so failed to win the Olympic champion. In the eyes of others, this may be a more regrettable thing. However, Li Lingwei himself was very open, in an interview, she said:"I don't regret, if I took part in the Olympic Games is not to win the championship, it is really regret it, never hurts. But what is the That's final. gold medals? All the good things in this world can make you catch up with you. Compared with my coach, they even do not have the opportunity to participate in the world championships, they are really the uncrowned king. And I got the chance to be a great stage and show, and I was very lucky."

In 1998, Li Lingwei was the International Badminton Federation awarded the "Hall of fame" award, becoming the first award of the Chinese, this is certainly the largest for her athletic career.

What kind of road is Li Lingwei going to do after her brilliant career?

Originally, she should be the same as the general athletes, retired, coach, train the next generation. And she also became the national coach of the national team in the beginning she retired, wanted to ask her when the women's badminton team coach, but she chose to the Education Department of Hangzhou University, after a year and a half, the formation of a new national team coach team, and invited her as the women's singles coach, so and to the glory of the motherland, to provoke the burden of the national team. In her coaching, Chinese singles reached a peak: Ye Zhaoying, Gong Zhichao, Dai Yun et al., a world champion.

However, a "impeachment storm", let Li Lingwei's life, once again turn.

After the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games, the players have not been paid a bonus. The allocation of funds plus the badminton league, part of the coach and the players began to doubt the existence of economic problems in the team; at that time, is the beginning of Li Yongbo as China badminton team head, his arrogant and domineering style, also attracted everyone's dissatisfaction. Then, including Li Lingwei, Li Mao, coaches in 1998 written to the relevant leadership request economic problems in the investigation team, this event is "create a great sensation of impeachment". In addition to Li Yongbo's former doubles partner Tian Bingyi, all the coaches signed a joint book, there are more than the main players have signed the name.

However, after the Training Bureau of the survey results, it is the problem of corruption and misappropriation of public funds Li Yongbo individuals do not exist, he is mainly responsible for the negative leadership and mismanagement".

After the pressure of the impeachment controversy, Li Yongbo only hand covering the day. In this case, Li Mao and Li Lingwei had to leave the Chinese Badminton team. Talking about the reasons for the resignation, Li Lingwei said, "no other reason, just do not want to do". Then, the national team also started an internal "liquidation", Li Yongbo will eliminate dissidents.

Since then, Li Lingwei's short coaching career is over. However, she did not leave the sport, but she has always been very low-key. From 1998 to 2008 this ten years, she rarely appeared in public.

In 2008, a paper transfer order, but like a bomb, let Li Lingwei back to people's vision, so she and Li Yongbo scores again referred to her - deputy director of the Pingyu center of identity, to become Li Yongbo in Pingyu center "colleagues", and Li Yongbo in the administrative level of flat class. Li Yongbo was embarrassed, in an interview, also reflected: "regarding the cooperation with Li Lingwei, I also heard you just heard of speculation, she (Li Lingwei) regression is also very normal, very natural thing, no one back to our Pingyu center, we will cooperate well. Do the badminton!"

In those ten years, what is Li Lingwei doing? She work in the Badminton Association, BOCOG, even during a PhD doctor! On May 2002, vice chairman of China Badminton Association Li Lingwei was elected as the New International Badminton Federation Council, became in the International Badminton Federation Council is one of only 3 women. In 2003, she was admitted to the Beijing Sport University, PhD, specializing in sociology. From then to the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games this time, she completed their studies, while the work of the organizing committee. From athletes, coaches, to the Beijing Olympic Organizing Committee officials, as the Beijing Olympic Organizing Committee, Deputy Minister of international liaison...... In 2007, she was appointed member of the International Olympic Committee project committee. At the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics, as one of the Olympic flag bearer Li Lingwei, hold high the "flag" around the stadium.

Li Lingwei with their own efforts, the successful transformation; and continue to coach Li Mao, but in the overseas teaching, although training athletes all record, in the shadow of Li Yongbo, he even "home without the door". "Coach Li Yongbo at the national meeting of leaked, if Li Mao to the Zhejiang team Zhejiang team coach, one of the players also don't want to enter the national team. I am such a person, I would like to contribute to China a force, even if it gives a few thousand dollars to let me eat, but he does not give me the opportunity to. Is he patriotic?" Li Mao was so feeling. Just think, if Li Lingwei continue to coach, her fate will be the same as Li Mao?

After two years of Pingyu center, Li Lingwei transferred to the deputy director of the network management center. July 26, 2012, Li Lingwei was elected chairman of the International Olympic Committee. In 2015, Li Lingwei succeeded Sun Jinfang as director of the network management center. People say that in the last stage of China's tennis gold ten years, Li Lingwei has the work experience and international perspective, to help Sun Jinfang make many of the reform of the decision. By her side to positive, well deserved.

The famous athlete Li Lingwei from over the invisible hand, suffered in a coaching career, and by virtue of human setback "to successful transformation into a International Olympic Committee member in the career to play one day, this experience, admirable. I hope the continuous learning and outspoken, quietly doing "badminton Queen", continue to make contributions to the Chinese sports.
Old 07-20-2017

Former badminton world champion Li Lingwei of China never had the chance to compete at the Games during her playing career, but yesterday she won an Olympic 'gong' when she was elected a member of the organisation's governing body.
At the International Olympic Committee (IOC) committee meeting held at Grosvenor House Hotel in London, she and four other former stars, including former 200m sprint medallist sprinter Frank Fredericks of Namibia, were elected to the IOC.
In recognition of her new status, she was presented with an 'IOC gold medal' by the body's president Jacques Rogge. She received 83 votes from 94 members.
'It is a very special moment and a great honour for me as a retired athlete and coach,' said the 48-year-old from Zhejiang province.
'You can say it's some sort of compensation for what I missed in my sporting career, which ended without an Olympic gold medal because I retired from sport before badminton was admitted to the Olympic Games in Barcelona in 1992.
'I am also delighted to be given the opportunity to serve sport from another platform, a great platform.
'There were many quality players from my era but not too many of them have this opportunity.
'I am just one of the lucky ones.' Members of the IOC represent and promote the interests of the Olympic movement in their respective countries and in the organisations of the Olympic movement in which they serve.
They also help select the host city of the Olympic Games (summer and winter) every seven years.
The number of IOC member has now been increased from 105 to 110 with this election, which also includes Hong Kong Olympic supremo Timothy Fok Tsun-ting.
'Li was a very famous athlete in her younger days and has served sports for many years,' said Fok. 'She has gained vast popularity in her sport and we are happy to see her join our ranks as an IOC member.'
Li has been rated among the greatest in the history of women's badminton and was inducted into the Badminton Hall of Fame in 1998.
She is one of the most successful players at the world championships, winning three gold medals, two of them in singles and another in the doubles with her partner Han Aiping. Together, they dominated international badminton until Li retired in 1989.
Li was one of the five retired athletes who were chosen to hold the Olympic flag and march into the opening ceremony at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. She is currently the deputy director of the Tennis Administration Centre of China.
World titles mainland badminton legend Li Lingwei won in her playing career
Old 07-20-2017

In Rio, the just concluded Olympic Badminton Men's singles semi-final focus of the war, China Star Lin Dan and Malaysia lizongwei veteran engage in fierce battle three innings, eventually to a total score of 1-2 defeat opponents, missed the final.Lin Dan and the national team's mid life crisis

"Middle-aged lindane absolute spiritual leader status, making the relay baton and no good spread to Chen long hand on, Lin Dan too powerful personal aura, contrast is Chen Long personal color bleak. By the time the country feather team record fourth women's singles, women's doubles, mixed doubles bronze medal match injury or not play. Has been regarded as the gold rush heavy feather country team, is still out of the championship"
Lin Dan is 33 years old.

To the middle-aged people, this is the fourth time he set foot on the mileage of the Olympic games.

Previously, he won the two Olympic champion, the five world champion, the two Asian Games champion, the five Olympic champion, the double circle of the grand slam. The international badminton called him Super Dan, domestic fans call him God dan.

"In fact, to Rio has won, it is difficult to have badminton players to participate in the four Olympic Games, especially in the Chinese have many young athletes. For me, to be able to stand on the Rio arena, in fact, this is the four year of their own efforts. Of course, I hope I don't want to be white, to be able to play the best level in the field." Lin Dan in the group after the interview with reporters, said.

Not humble. With the growth of age, physical decline and the superposition of the pain caused by side effects, increasingly evident in Lin Dan's body. The year 2015, Lin almost hit his famous since the worst performance: All England, Malaysia race lost to Chen long, world championship losing to Jorgensen, Australia and Indonesia, two round out, even by national team head coach Li Yongbo public warnings.

Can even so, in 2016 the world badminton men's singles seats was reduced to two cases, national badminton team's Olympic men's singles gold medal athletes, there are still a quota of people locked in the body of Lin Dan.

The focus of training, but a few times, on the one hand, from a personal point of view, although the physical strength drops, but Lin still has the full fight the possibility of honor is not in a distant location, the Olympic Games is also in line with the personal commercial value, masculine, tough positive image can be deepened; on the other hand, the national badminton team, although Chen Long world ranking has exceeded the lindane, and in the world series win over lindane lindane in the national team in the spiritual leader status is still unshakable; Chen long game state is not stable, the Rio Olympics coach Xia Xuan Ze had to the media said: "Chen long training is to improve his confidence."

National badminton team is not in the lean times. However, middle-aged lindane absolute spiritual leader status, making the baton of the feather of the team and not very good spread to Chen long hand on, lindane too powerful personal aura, contrast is Chen Long personal color bleak. Even if is ranked behind Chen long, badminton team of young players in the self introduction are still accustomed with lindane junior "such words to describe yourself.

As of press time, the country feather team current record for the bronze medal in the mixed doubles, women's doubles in the fourth, a bronze medal in the women's singles battle injured news, has been regarded as red gold strike the country feather team, at present still missed the championship.

This year, whether it is Lin Dan or the national badminton team, are in a middle of a middle age crisis.

And for Lin Dan and Li Zongwei in the semi-final tonight, "this is one of our promises."

"Super Dan" in the youth"

The first time it was called "super Dan", it was Lin Dan who was in the all England game in 2004.

2004 all England tournament is the ninety-fourth all England Badminton Open Championship, is also the Danish legend veteran Gade's retirement war. This year, the organizers did not follow the international practice of the use of the Lin, but the Dan as a call to Lin Dan. During the course of the game, Lin Dan and GAD both into the final, Gade victory in the first inning, Lin Dan to 2-1 reverse the situation, after receiving a media interview, Gade undisguised Lin to appreciate the feeling, call "super Dan" success. Subsequently, the International Badminton Federation's website will also be updated in order to Lin Dan's name Dan Super".

This year, the 21 year old Lin Dan started in the badminton world rankings, also completely get rid of the "forest round" title.

The 5 years old start to practice badminton, 9 years into the sports school in Fujian Province, 12 - year-old Bayi team, 18 selected youth national team and in 2002 the international badminton recovery after 15 minutes, once because it failed to adapt to the system, in time of up to 8 months, almost always in the first round is people cut sacked under, so many of the "forest round" of the title, you know.

In 2003, Lin was frozen in the national team. Every day he followed a bunch of smaller than their players training and recall those days, Lin said myself like a trapped cattle.

And in 2004 in English after a few years time, the left hand grip shoot badminton circles Titans, to pull hanging surprise for the main game, with beautiful diving diving, ferocious backcourt smash, and flexible rapid pace and dangerous and powerful way to attack, to LED and mask ear trend, boarded the altar of badminton.

Lin's scary is that he, like a sponge absorbing water ability to learn, to learn at an early age and Indonesian players Taufik Hidayat played control network grab the aesthetics of violence in the ball, the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, Lin Dan absorbed over to make Malaysia lizongwei players; the 2012 London Olympics, lindane transformation for ball speed assault, the speed of the attack is one of the strengths of Lee Chong Wei; today that lindane has such as walk, falsehoods Qiufeng, rather then the wrapped around him to breathe heavily however annoy of the Korean players lixuanyi shadow.

Middle aged people

On the eve of the Rio games, the story of Lin Dan "eight condoms" again on the micro-blog hot search. Story originated in the 2012 London Olympic Games, Lin Dan Sasaki Xiang game to make the suspected sick classic mouth, Netizens found, mouth like in the "eight condoms," said.

The peak period, Lin Dan's remarkable tough character.

A few months ago, when he saw Lin Dan, wearing a simple sportswear, and the young team was casually chatting. Compared to a few years ago, his character convergence too much, even on the pitch, he is also rare and the referee back in dispute.

"Because there is a family, you need to play, take time to take care of their families. Another reason is their in the 13 years experienced a lot, from nobody knew that an up and comer to lead soldiers, during which there are up and down, these experiences let me slowly changed. " In an interview with the media, Lin Dan explained, I do not want to compare the results with others, I think the results are dead, I prefer the attitude is to show an attitude."

And a few years ago and lindane play together for the comrades, or retired or coaches, current teammates are little younger brother Shi. Seems to be in an instant of time, the badminton session of young people one grew, the young Chen long has in nearly two years of time, occupy the badminton in the world rankings.

The growth of age, in addition to the experience of the experience, there is also a decline in physical strength, which is in the extreme physical strength of the sport, the performance is particularly prominent.

Lin Dan's play has been from the early years of relentless hard hit, change has become a walking stream to save energy and pace.

Early in the 2013 Championships, in the semi-final with Vietnam's Nguyen dawn, Lin Dan to sweat wet floor grounds, asked the organizers to rub up to 10 times the floor. There are comments that the outside world, Lin Dan in the use of the time to restore the floor of the floor.

"In fact, Lin Dan's biggest opponent is his own, in the physical to the better distribution of." Badminton champion and former world champion Ye Zhaoying said before the game.

Accompanied by a decline in physical strength, the 33 year old Lin Dan also has the superposition of injuries. Since 2011, Lin Dan because of injuries and frequently retire.

In 2014, Lin Dan in his micro blog issued a knee effusion pumping small video, video of lindane in dressed in civilian clothes lying in a hospital bed, in the doctor for intubation in his right knee pumping water process, Lin first hands flat and soon began to bury my face in my hands and a heavy breath and the sound of breathing, and when pumping halfway through, Lin Dan is a let out a moan of pain.

Video recording of only one knee drainage time, in fact, 20 ml capacity in the needle a pumping nearly four tubes, six days after the second pumping, drew the 60ml, when the Chinese tennis main Li is in the left knee after the water never left tennis court.

Attention for a long time people are aware of the badminton competition, Lin Dan has been a myth, a myth of double circle Grand Slam, at the age of 33 in athletic sports already belong to the elderly, overhead slash at SMB and diving save more and more rare, shooting and physical war nor the possibility will inevitably be blamed his commercial endorsements and clothing brands, Lin Dan's old rival, the winning runner Lee Chong Wei, very early has a self badminton school, athletes in before retiring for yourself looking for a way out, is understandable. Moreover, in the training of the national team, he has never been absent.

Although lindane in badminton session has made enough to let people pay homage to the score, but retired is always the biggest problem facing the player.

In recent years, the identity of lindane gradually began to transform to the entertainment circle and the business model, however, and Tian Liang, Li Xiaopeng et al, Lin Dan get people's attention, more concentrated in male itself resolute temperament and sexy body.

In addition to a part of the professional fans, fans of lindane most female dominated, they are attracted to Lin sun, domineering, health quality, and then gradually into the badminton court. Some brands also bluntly chose Lin Dan, said he is the best badminton player of the world and sportsmanship overbearing, character of masculinity. A top international luxury endorsement as an example, the luxury bluntly "(lindane) has a manly masculine appearance, strive for perfection and excellence in the spirit of perseverance, record the classic, and constantly challenge the limits of self quality."

But a lot of people understand, Lin Dan need to find a place in the game, to achieve greater value.

During the Olympic Games, some of its brands have also been around the competition in the business activities.

Previously, three group matches, lindane with absolute advantage leading. However, after an interview, he still said "originally thought that this can enjoy the games, but wore is the national team shirt, I also inevitable tension, the Olympic Stadium, everyone will get nervous."

Although the group stage all the way through, but there are still fans found Lin Dan's physical fitness is not as good as the peak period. And the country feather road team in the Olympic Games in Rio came in mixed doubles out, women's singles were injured, has been regarded as the gold medal favorite country feather team seems to be facing some unprecedented crisis.

At present the focus of gold hope seems to fall in the Lin Dan and Chen long, and Chen Long state of unstable and fragile psychological factors, it is very rare to confident took the feather of the team's brilliant baton.

Before the young Chen long from the top of the Chinese badminton team, Lin Dan in the badminton absolute tablets, followed by double play of the situation, and gold have in the bag, young Chen Long never met only pick beam opportunities, said the exact is not met the challenge. Before the country feather team manager Cai Yun was in personal micro channel public number: the "leader how can can't spell bayonet", directed Chen long is not afraid of failure, but was afraid to go near the danger. And once Lin Dan retired, leaving the national team of the spirit of the wound, is far greater than the technical wound.

Lin Li Yu

The Olympic Games men's singles draw out after the table, Li Zongwei and Lin Dan in the 1.5 District, Chen long in the other 1.5 areas. Currently Li Zongwei and Lin Dan have both won in the group stage, the wide attention of Lin Li dispute, will once again be staged in the Rio Olympic games.

Two people had a total of 35 times in international competitions. And this session of the Olympic Games, are most likely to be the last major international competition Lin Dan and Li Zongwei. This year's Rio Olympic Games, Lin Dan 33 years old, Li Zongwei 34 years old.

Lindane prior to the third session of the Olympic Games, has won two Olympic men's singles champion, the opponents are Lee Chong Wei, Lin Dan in the former, Lee Chong Wei always is the silver, the difference of the score between the two, can also be calculated by a whisker.

Li Zongwei had said to Lin Dan, "love and hate", Lin Dan said, "I love him only, no hate."

However, in this year's Asian Championships, Li Zongwei Lin Dan and Chen Long won the trophy winning streak. At the beginning of June this year, Li Zongwei in the international badminton integral beyond Chen long, to regain the world singles ranking first. Even won two Olympic silver medal Li Zongwei bluntly, and then four years is no longer possible, Rio will be his last chance to impact the gold medal.
Old 07-20-2017

Is the opponent, the game is a friend. Li Zongwei in the Malaysia game, Lin Dan will ask him to eat a big meal.

Memories acquaintance days, Lee Chong Wei in an interview said: "I was eighteen years old when, at that time has not been out of the game, we know who the opponent is, we from the youth team to now, have always been rivals, he was a great opponent." In Lin Dan's memory, "we met almost every week, every ten days, and I saw him more than my wife."."

The 2013 World Championships, the final two meet again, Lee Chong Wei in the game because of the pain, the pain squatted on the ground, Lin Dan immediately wear and, to ask for his, Lee Chong Wei beat the Lin Dan beat knee, said oneself can insist on down.

Before the start of the Rio Olympic Games, Lin Dan answered a reporter's question, said, as long as Li Zongwei is still playing, I can insist on playing". And Li Zongwei's response to this is that everyone wants to see the two of us, including myself, this is our convention."

After Lin Li dispute, many viewers have hope that the younger generation will be defending the country feather Chen long gold. If it is, the Lin Dan and the national badminton team in the middle of the middle of the crisis, this way can be safely through.

And if Lin Dan won the gold medal, he will achieve three consecutive Olympic Games. But from 2004 onwards, Lin Dan is already standing altar 12 years of legend, the regardless of success or failure, he shall be subject to worship.

After the removal of gold medals and glory of the country, from the perspective of competitive sports, the Rio Olympics will end, from badminton arena admiral will never both Sheng Yu, He Sheng's feeling.
Old 07-22-2017

Feather coach li yongbo confirmation will leave countries, an enemy will take over?The feather will usher in a new spring?

The Chinese badminton team coaches hired this week or next week, in power for 24 years of head coach Li Yongbo reportedly could no longer she assume any post in the team, consider all sources, he will likely step down the Yu Zong coach, future work may be associated with the 2022 Beijing Olympics.

1993 Li Yongbo capturing the Chinese badminton team, six games won 18 gold MEDALS, including five women's doubles, men's and women's singles four rings, three mixed doubles and bi. Li Yongbo last week with the team to open in Malaysia, insiders revealed, he said privately, this estimate is the last time your watch "Lin Li war".

Rio last year Olympic Games, Chinese athletes won the doubles, men's singles gold MEDALS, two women's setback, and the team have a scandal, such as nan Tian Qing split leg, do on the pitch and towel, accusing partner Tang Yuan Ting etc, let li yongbo be put forefront, Lin derailment is to let li yongbo controversial, from the side reflect feather internal management confusion and conflict.

Over the years, Li Yongbo because personality is outgoing, outing, speech and got mixed reviews. Although in the past two years he has become very low-key, but as the country feather results fluctuate, news about "Li Yongbo class" every once in a while will be on the Internet.

The Chinese badminton team in Tokyo Olympic cycle under huge pressure of gold, the host of the 2020 summer Olympics in Japan last year in Rio De Janeiro won the first gold medal in the Olympic badminton, the team was defeated in 2014 China's men and also won the Thomas cup champion, rise more and more obvious include rivals such as Denmark, Malaysia team. In addition to pressure from rivals, the feather itself also entered the throes, veterans are retired, young players failed to pick up sticks, advantage is gradually catch up.

There is no denying the fact that Li Mao is currently one of the best in the world of men's singles coach, or you can delete "one". From China to South Korea, Malaysia, Li Mao more than 20 years of time to cultivate a crop, and a crop top men's singles player. Because the impeachment with Li Lingwei, Li Yongbo expulsion Li Mao after his team, has been in exile. Now Li Yongbo the class was over, Li Mao can make contributions to Chinese badminton business again?

The Li Mao with dye-in-the-wood individual character, the coach has a big regret is no disciple took the Olympic champion, but the biggest regret, I'm afraid it is his players can only cultivate is China. Li Mao himself said that he definitely don't want to be the enemy of the motherland. For Li Mao, he was most gratified, although he has been wandering outside a decade has always been "fight" with China, but so far, have no a fan scold him face to face is the "traitors".

Li Yongbo's departure for the Chinese badminton might be a good thing, a person in 24 years, for a collective is not a good thing. Coach new coaches, new ideas for the development of China's badminton will inject fresh blood, will speed up the old and new players alternate. Veteran Lin is not the feather of the future, China's badminton will continue to develop, also need a new coach and the young players to work together.
Old 07-22-2017

Olympics: China admits match fixing in Olympic badminton

BEIJING, March 22, 2008 (AFP) - China’s badminton head coach has admitted ordering a player to throw a crucial tie at the 2004 Olympic Games. Coach Li Yongbo told China Central Television’s sports channel that the 2004 Athens Olympics semi-final was fixed to improve China’s chances of winning a gold medal.

Two Chinese players, Zhou Mi and Zhang Ning, were drawn together in the semi-final tie. After watching Zhang win the first game, the coaching staff decided that she would have a better shot at winning the final against a non-Chinese opponent rather than Zhou.

"After the first game, Zhang looked in better all round shape," Li was quoted as saying in a report on the interview by Sina.Com, a popular website. "So we told Zhou Mi not to work too hard and let Zhang into the final."

Li said he and the Chinese team had nothing to be ashamed of. "It shows our patriotism and in fact I am proud of it." Zhang won the gold as planned and is expected to defend her Olympic title at the Beijing Games here in August. For her part, Zhou quit the Chinese team and went to Hong Kong. She is currently hoping to qualify to represent the territory in badminton at the Beijing Olympics.

Li’s admission revived long-standing concern about behind-the-scenes arrangements at top international table tennis and badminton events by Chinese teams. The practice first surfaced in 1987, when He Zhili ignored an order to throw a semi-final to teammate Guan Jianhua at the 1987 world table tennis championships. She went on to win the final, but was left out of the 1988 Seoul Olympic team as punishment.

In badminton, suspicions are still rife about Wang Dan’s (should be Lin Dan, I suppose) defeat to teammate Chen Jin in the recent all-England final, with some experts suggesting that Wang threw the game.