Badminton Forums  

Go Back   Badminton Forums > General > Professionals & Tournaments

Notices

Professionals & Tournaments Discuss your favourite badminton professionals and tournaments here.

Old 10-29-2016

Default Crisis in French Badminton and how to solve it?

Hers's a bit more detail. You can log on to Brice Leverdez FB to know more details.

That day, at four in the quarter-final of the European Championships by mixed team against Germany, National Technical Director notified me orally in his hotel room, my exclusion from the France team Badminton.
The reason: an "inappropriate behavior incompatible with the proper functioning of the team" did not want to shake hands with the President of the French Badminton Federation.
In reality I expressed Monday February 9 to my dismay to learn, to thirty minutes of our departure for Leuven, our national coaches with whom we had done our preparation for this championship, were suddenly relieved of their duties. In this regard, I scored my disapproval of the leaders of the French Badminton Federation present in Belgium, highlighting the inconsistency sports compel best French players to participate in European Games in Azerbaijan in the month of June.
I therefore in the interest of Team France Badminton.
It is not permissible that the leaders of the French Federation prefer contentment of their personal political interests to the detriment of the players of Team France and the pursuit of the common good.
In addition, it is my person, as a high-level athlete who publicly denigrated.
In a statement, widely distributed, National Technical Director, Philippe Limouzin justifies his decision by applying the provisions of section 4.17 of the Regulation of the International Badminton Federation.
This Article appears in the section of the Code of Conduct for players during competitions and tournaments. It punishes non-sporting conduct or clearly abusive and harmful to sport, measured in these occasions.
No such behavior can reproached myself during my participation in Europe Leuven Championships mixed teams and fifteen years of practicing Badminton, I never had an unsportsmanlike attitude or unethical sports, against an opponent or the arbitral body.
Falsely communicating this way, the French Federation of Executives unacceptably affect my quality professional badminton player, in my image and that of all my partners.
Disciplinary proceedings against me by the French Federation will be the first step for me to defend myself, contradictorily and publicly.
Thank you for continuing to support me as you have always done and encourage Team France.
Brice LEVERDEZ
Old 10-29-2016

Lots of crisis in French badminton due to crisis and conflicts of interests between the badminton association and the players interest.

Looks like the crisis has escalated and it has indeed worsen. But worse of all Brice Leverdez and some other French badminton players have been kicked out of the national team. Too bad indeed.
Old 10-29-2016

When I get to know about this news last year I felt very bad for those French players who are involved. But there is nothing that I can do to help those innocent French players.

Hence I have decided to create this thread hoping for an open discussion to see what we can do to help those French players solve their problems and crisis.

Last edited by 1234; 10-29-2016 at 01:47 AM.
Old 10-29-2016

FFBaD

French Badminton Federation (FFBaD) manage badminton in France since its creation in 1979.

The main goals of the federation are :

to direct
to stimulate
to organize
to regulate
to develop badminton practice

Badminton meet a huge increase of members in France!

70 000 members in 2000, 145 000 in 2010, and today more than 180 000, divided in more than 1900 clubs all over the country.

Badminton is the ultimate mixed sport, as 63% of players are men and 37% are women.

The key to success of badminton is its accessibility to everyone. A racket, sneakers, and you can play.

Small, tall, young, less young, everybody can play badminton and will quickly enjoy it.

Badminton has the advantage of enable a lot of players to play together in the same gymnasium about a friendly activity and at the root of relationships and social cohesion.

Olympic sport since 1992, badminton is the fastest sport known : the shuttle was hit at more than 400 km/h. Badminton is both tactic and physical.

Parabadminton will be for the first time part of the Paralympics in 2020 in Tokyo.

Key-numbers

+ than 181 000 members
27 regional leagues
89 regional committees
1916 affiliated clubs
962 French Badminton Schools (EFB)
91 players per club on average
6 international umpires (including 3 BWF)
26 national umpires (2 certificated and 24 accreditated)
16 international referees (including 1 BWF and 7 BE)
58 national referees (9 certificated and 49 accreditated)
600 graduated National coaches including 153 DEJEPS