Badminton Forums  

Go Back   Badminton Forums > General > Professionals & Tournaments

Notices

Professionals & Tournaments Discuss your favourite badminton professionals and tournaments here.

Old 01-06-2017

So for those who are interested, Lee Hyun Il will be playing his MS match today versus Chou Tien Chen in the evening. It is sure to be an exciting match. This MS match will be last match of the day.

Whoever wins this MS match will determine who will top the group lists. This MS is the last match played for the league and it will surely be exciting.

Both Puchong United BC and Muar BC have all fielded their best MS, WS, MD, XD and MS players for this tie. Sure to be very exciting especially the last MS match of Lee Hyun Il versus Chou Tien Chen.

As of now Muar BC tops the list and Puchong United BC is ranked 2. But if Puchong United BC won their match today they will be rank no 1.

So Lee Hyun Il role is very important today. Lee Hyun Il must win his last MS match in order to help Muar BC remain rank no 1 in the lists.
Old 01-21-2017

The 36-year-old South Korean stormed into the men’s singles semi-final with a 21-10, 21-15 win over Indonesia’s 21-year-old Muhd Bayu Pangisthu in just 30 minutes at the Sibu Indoor Stadium.

The world No. 18 will now take on Indonesia’s No. 1 singles player – Tommy Sugiarto – for a place in the final today.

Hyun-il said Malaysia is his second home as he only goes back to Seoul to fulfil his club obligations.

“My family and I have settled down in Malaysia for the last 1 years. My kid goes to school here and I train with the Sports Affair badminton club,” said Hyun-il.

Hyun-il quit the national team after the 2012 Olympic Games and chose to become an independent player despite offers from South Korea to make a comeback.

“It will not reflect well on the national team if I return.

“It’s best if they focused on the youngsters,” he added.

He admitted that the standard of the young players there have dropped.

“The standard of the top 10 players was high when I was in my 20s. Now, I don’t see any outstanding talents in the top 10.

“Playing badminton was a way to attain a good life during my time. Now, they are too comfortable.”

Asked what was his secret to his longevity in the sport, Hyun-il said: “I don’t smoke or drink. I eat three good meals a day and I don’t skip breakfast. I still train hard every day. To me, this is normal not a secret.”

Will he go on until the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games, Hyun-il smiled and said: “Maybe ... no, I’m just joking. It’s too far ahead to even think about it. I just want to maintain my form and enjoy the game.”
Old 01-21-2017

Then Lee Hyun IL continue to do a good job today by winning over Tommy Sugiarto 21-17, 21-16.

Till today Lee Hyun Il is still regarded as Korea best MS player ever. But as Lee Hyun Il has pointed out obviously, the standard of Korean young badminton players have dropped.
Old 01-21-2017

This is the MS match of Lee Hyun Il versus Muhammad Bayu Pangisthu in the quarterfinals of Malaysia Masters 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4a4UXPWDGQ
Old 01-21-2017

This is the S match of Lee Hyun Il versus Tommy Sugiarto in the semifinals of Malaysia Masters 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPPrABZ144Y
Old 01-21-2017

Tomorrow there will be an exciting MS match of Lee Hyun Il versus Angus Ng Ka Long. I am very sure that Lee Hyun Il have what it takes to reach the win in the finals of Malaysia Masters 2017.
Old 01-22-2017

Lee Hyun Il retired injured halfway through the finals of Malaysia Masters 2017 MS match finals versus Angus Ng Ka Long. Lee Hyun Il won the first set 21-14 before losing the second set 16-21. But The score is tied at 9-10 when Lee Hyun Il lost his balance and fell down when he try to retrieve the shuttle. After that Lee Hyun Il accidentally hit his own eyes with a badminton racket as he fell down. It caused his left eye to swell and started bleeding nonstop.

Lee Hyun Il has been send to the hospital immediately and he is now receiving immediate treatment at the hospital. Lets just hope that he can get well soon. Hope that his eyes injury will not be that serious.