Badminton Forums  

Go Back   Badminton Forums > General > Professionals & Tournaments

Notices

Professionals & Tournaments Discuss your favourite badminton professionals and tournaments here.

Old 11-21-2016

It was also said that Lin Dan is not only secretely dating with a model. Lin Dan also dated another university shuttler Li Zhi.

Aiside from that there are also so many other news of Lin Dan meeting up with different girls at different time.

Whatever it is, Lin Dan good image has certainly been tarnished because he is not able to control himself anf his own self desire.

The biggest enemy of all is Lin Dan himself. Lin Dan himself is not able to resist the temptation to meet up with other women or girls and have affair with them although he is already married.

Although Lin Dan might have appologised to so many people including his own wife adn also family members. the damage has been done.

Yes the public can forgive him, his wife and family members can forgive him. But defnitely one cannot forget all the bad and evil things that he has done in his own entire time. Time definitely will pass byt but then again time cannot wipe away the bad things that has already happened in the past.
Old 11-21-2016

I can only sum it up and conclude as this. Lin Dan no doubt is a very good and talented badminton player.

But then in every other aspect of his life he is is deemed as a failure. Lin Dan surely has failed as a father, son and husband. No matter how many people is willing to forgive him, surely one cannot forget the bad and evil deeds that he has done.

Plus nobody would have even wanted their child to marry someone of Lin Dan behaviour or even be friends with someone of Lin Dan behavior.

Well of all the things that has happened in Lin Dan's life, Lin Dan only has himself to blame. He is not perfect but then he has certainly damaged his own reputation forever.
Old 11-21-2016

Lin Dan serial cheater? Another affair with Beijing student Li Zhi exposed
Li Zhi deletes pictures with Dan on weibo account

There is no respite for Chinese badminton sensation Lin Dan, as scandals involving the two-time Olympic champion are surfacing one after the other.

Quan Ming Xing Tan reported on 19 November that the badminton ace has had more than one affair and he was involved with a badminton player at a Beijing university. This news comes just two days after he apologised to his family for having an affair with a model while his wife was pregnant with their first child.

It was reported that the shuttler, who is identified as Li Zhi, has recently deleted several pictures of herself and Lin Dan from the Chinese microblogging website called Weibo.

On 17 November, the two-time Olympic gold medallist took to the same website to apologise for cheating on his wife with another model, whom netizens identified as Zhao Yaqi.

"As a man, I do not make any excuses for myself, but my actions have hurt my family. I apologise to them here," wrote Dan in a post written in Chinese.

Lin's wife Xie Xingfang, a former badminton star herself, gave birth to their baby boy on 5 November in Beijing after four years of marriage.

Super Dan has not got back to court after his campaign in Rio de Janeiro in August, in which he lost to Danish shuttler Viktor Axelsen in the bronze medal match shortly after going down against Malaysia's Lee Chong Wei in the semi-final.

Lin Dan has also missed the China Open badminton which started in Fuzhou on 15 November. In the absence of the Chinese legend and Chong Wei, Chen Long, who clinched the Men's singles gold at Rio, has progressed to the semi-final of the Superseries tournament.
Old 11-21-2016

Lin Dan can also be reached at this facebook acoount. This facebook account to post the latest news of Lin Dan. This facebook account is updated on daily basis.

https://www.facebook.com/Lin-Dan-24781700601/
Old 11-21-2016

Lin Dan's wife says will still support him after affair after Lin Dan secons scandal with a badminton shuttler exposed.

It appears that Xie Xingfang will be sticking by Chinese badminton star Lin Dan, days after news that he cheated on her was exposed online. In a post on Chinese social networking website Weibo on Friday (Nov 18), Xie wrote: "Our family will support this man who takes responsibilities for his actions and is willing to correct his mistakes."

"I thank friends and fans for your concern. Our family will weather this storm together," she added.

The post was accompanied by a picture of the couple holding hands with their infant son.

Lin, a two-time Olympic gold medalist and five-time world champion, shocked fans when he admitted to having an affair while his wife was pregnant, after intimate photos of him and another woman were posted on Weibo.

The woman was later identified as model and actress Zhao Yaqi. News of Lin's extramarital affair quickly became the hottest topic on Chinese social media, and has drawn nearly 2.5 billion views and more than 690,000 comments, according to Global Times. Lin subsequently apologised with a brief message in Chinese: "As a man, I do not make any excuses for myself, but my actions have hurt my family. I apologise to them here."

Xie, herself a former Chinese national shuttler, gave birth to a boy in Beijing on November 5. The couple married in 2012.
Old 11-21-2016

It's not over: Li Dan may have had another affair
Online report claims that Lin Dan also had another affair with badminton player in Beijing University

Chinese badminton ace Lin Dan might have had more than one affair.

Quoting news from entertainment website Quan Ming Xing Tan, the daily claimed that apart from the affair with a model, for which he has apologised, he was also allegedly involved with a badminton player at a Beijing university.

It was reported that the shuttler, identified as Li Zhi, deleted many posts and photographs on Weibo, including those of her with Lin Dan, recently.

Lin Dan, who became a father two weeks ago, apologised for cheating on his wife, hours after the affair was exposed online.

Nicknamed "Super Dan" in China, Lin is the only man to have retained the Olympic badminton singles title - in 2008 and 2012 - and is the most successful singles player in the World Championships, winning five times between 2006 and 2013.

The original version of this story was published in Lolipop.sg on November 19, 2016.

For more celeb goss and the latest updates, check out www.herworldplus.com/celebs-men-sex/celebsP
Old 11-21-2016

This news as reported belowvis related to Lin Dan too.

4 surprising reasons why men cheat on their spouses
Look our for these warning signs of infidelity.

Local filmmaker Jack Neo, golfer Tiger Woods, and English footballers Ashley Cole, John Terry and Lin Dan were all in the news recently for having their extra-marital sexual liaisons exposed in public. Those five may have been caught with their pants down. But what of the other regular joes out there who have fun in secret without ever getting caught?

The University of Chicago’s General Social Survey regularly finds that 20 per cent of men cheat in their lifetimes, compared with 12 per cent of women. Consider the attractive colleague, the flirty shop girl or the curvy neighbour: She’s fun to be around, easy to talk to, and understands you on so many levels. The problem is, she isn’t your partner. You might view your daily flirt-fest with another female as just a harmless mood-booster, but it can turn into an emotional affair rife with risk, says Shirley Glass, PhD, a licensed psychologist and marriage therapist (remember the bunny-boiling scene in Fatal Attraction?).

Besides the risk of getting entangled with a possible psychopath, a significant danger also comes when you start to share emotional intimacies previously reserved for your partner. This can drive a wedge into your marriage, Glass says. As secrecy increases, so can sexual attraction – and the likelihood of hotel reservations. We present some of the reasons men use to justify their cheating – and evaluate the deeper issues that lie beneath them.

“I DIDN’T FEEL SHE VALUED ME AT ALL.”

THE ISSUE: LOW SELF-ESTEEM

“There are psychological links to certain instances of cheating,” says Dr Nelson Lee, medical director of the Psychological Wellness Centre and a Men’s Health advisory board member. “What we notice in certain patients is an underlying depressive disorder, which may in turn trigger acts of infidelity. With depression, there is often a drop in self- esteem, and some men will resort to sexual conquests in order to deal with their diminished sense of self-worth.”

Still, he stresses that such factors do not constitute a concrete reason to justify infidelity, and recommends seeing a psychologist to rectify deep-rooted issues. Gary Lewandowski, PhD, an associate professor of psychology at Monmouth University in the US, adds that we need our partners to challenge us positively and, subsequently, raise our sense of self-esteem. “We look for relationships that make us better people,” he says, “and we’re looking for partners who will be able to improve who we are.”

So, try to challenge each other. Ask her to help compensate for your weakness by teaching you something – how to make that laksa that you love, for instance. Or make future plans: Pick up tickets to a play neither of you have heard of. Or book a budget flight to somewhere you’ve never been. Moves like these will ensure you’re pushing each other in the right ways – and always will.

Also read: TRUE STORY: "I slept with my sister's fiance the night before their wedding"

“ALL MY BUDDIES DO IT, SO WHY SHOULDN’T I?”

THE ISSUE: TUNNEL VISION

Dr Martha Lee, clinical sexologist and a Men’s Health advisory board member, ventures that in Asian cultures in particular, people are regularly exposed to concepts like polygamy and patriarchal systems, where the father or eldest male is head of the household, exerts authority over women and children, and is expected to continue the family name.

“Affluent men of modern times take mistresses and explain their actions away with reasons such as a desire to protect the woman, or a need to extend the bloodline,” she says. “Regardless of the reasons, the fact is men stray because they can – and consciously and intentionally choose to. There’s always a choice.”

For many men, cheating is simply another decision – one with its own set of costs and benefits. They think: How would what I’d lose compare to what I’d gain? The answer is just that: You’d gain a short-term fling at most, and have more to lose now and in the future (lifelong alimony payments, anyone?). Once you realise the risks, start sticking around the house, says marriage therapist M. Gary Neuman. He discovered that more than half the cheaters he interviewed spent a lot of time away from home before they had a fling. So, while you’re at home, do this: Face your spouse and admit to her that something’s wrong. “Tell her: ‘I’m looking around and I shouldn’t be,’” Neuman says. “Then figure out, with her, what you can do to make the relationship better. Saving your marriage will replace thoughts of cheating.”

“I JUST CAN’T COMMUNICATE WITH MY WIFE ANY MORE.”

THE ISSUE: NEGATIVITY

Want to find out how likely you are to cheat? Count the number of times the two of you snap at each other, and the number of times you smile. When Elizabeth Allen, PhD, an assistant professor of psychology at the University of Colorado in the US, reviewed communication between partners about to get married, she found that those with lower ratios of positive-to-negative behaviours were more likely to cheat in the early years of their marriages. Positive interactions included eye contact, and nodding and smiling; negative ones included scowling, rolling their eyes and expressing contempt.

It wasn’t that these partners didn’t like each other; at the time, they probably thought they would live happily ever after. But down the line, the mates who didn’t cheat had many more positive interactions before marriage than those who did. “The more positive you are, the more you seem to be buffered from future risk,” Allen says.

So, boost your ratios by keeping criticism and defensiveness to a minimum, Allen says. Even if you’re not feeling great, try to increase your positivity and collaborative problem-solving, and look for things you can agree on. If you find yourself in an argument, acknowledge her point of view and try to find a compromise. The more you do this, the more she will, too – and the happier you both will be.

Also read: Is quick sex a sign of an unhappy marriage?

“THERE ARE JUST TOO MANY BEAUTIFUL WOMEN AROUND – I CAN’T HELP MYSELF.”

THE ISSUE: NON-VIGILANCE

When they’re surrounded in social situations by what researchers call “attractive alternatives”, men tend to let their guard down too much. “San Francisco-based psychotherapist Jack Morin, in his book, The Erotic Mind, developed this ‘erotic equation’: Attraction plus obstacles lead to excitement,” says Dr Martha Lee. “Straying or having an extramarital affair, especially with an attractive person, is certainly exciting because of the obstacles, including the risk of being found out.”

Barry McCarthy, PhD, author of Getting It Right The First Time: Creating A Healthy Marriage, adds: “Rather than say, ‘I would never have an affair’, be honest and look at what makes you vulnerable.” After that, try to make it a point to lessen the chances of that happening.

According to McGill University researchers in Canada, women strive to be protectors of their relationships. They use “if then” contingencies – if he comes over here, then I’ll excuse myself to go get a drink – that spark automatic defence mechanisms when they see an attractive alternative moving in. So learn from her, and develop your own “if then” plan: If she comes over, I’ll head for the loo. When men do this before entering a situation with potential “other women”, they were more likely to perceive and ward off threats.
Old 11-21-2016

This is the semi final match of Lin Dan versus Lee Chong Wei in Rio Olympics 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0goLi0AzLVo
Old 11-21-2016

Latest and endless updated news of Lin Dan and also other China badminton players can always be found at Sina Weibo website. So for those who are interested to know and read the laetst news about China badminton players, feel free to visit the website.
Old 11-22-2016

Should the Chinese public forgive Lin Dan?

China's internet was recently abuzz with the news about badminton superstar Lin Dan's extramarital affairs.

Lin is two-time Olympic champion and five-time world champion. He is married to two-time women's world champion Xie Xingfang, whom he cheated shortly after she gave birth to their first child. Lin apologised, and was subsequently forgiven by Xie. One would assume that should end the interlude in their marriage.

However, I found the ending troubling, especially because Lin, comparatively speaking, had it too easy.

A short while ago, when news broke out that Ma Rong had betrayed her movie star husband Wang Baoqiang, netizens were furious for months, accusing Ma of infidelity and so many other things, including using Wang's wealth and fame for personal gain. Some even accused Ma's mother of bad parenting. Lin, however, attributed his action to alcohol and got away with it.

The media's treatment of the scandals shows hidden biases, which are dangerous for society. Obviously, sexism plays a big role in the variation of consequences in the two scandals.

The Chinese public should reexamine the hidden gender bias against women when it comes to betrayals. Why hold women to a higher moral standard when both actions are equally wrong? Are men less capable of or expected to being faithful to marriages?

Granted, a marriage can be brutal at times, but extramarital affairs should be even more brutal to a person. One should realise that marital commitment is equally binding for both partners. The talk of public relations following such scandals, too, is worrying. While Ma had her waterloo moment in crisis management, Lin enjoyed something of a success story. Yes skillful public relations campaign can cover part of the shame or at least minimise the damage of a crisis. However, such campaigns and manipulations should be irrelevant. One may succeed in covering up a wrongdoing, but that doesn't mean you can be absolved of that wrongdoing. This is fundamentally a moral crisis - of gender equality and perception of marriage. These celebrity scandals serve as a window to the distorted moral degradation in the institution of marriage and family values. People are known to easily forgive men for having extramarital affairs, or sometimes even see that as a sign of personal success. As long as that is the case, we cannot achieve true gender equality even though images of tiger moms seem to give Chinese women a false sense of control in family affairs and an illusion of equality in the society. There is still a long way to go. Our mainstream and social media should be more brutal in examining the hidden discrimination, because it needs to be rooted out of society. For lack of ubiquitous religious values that underlie social norms, China used to have its own honour-shame culture to identify a wrongdoing as wrong. The blind worship of success may have blunted our sense of right and wrong, as remnants of male supremacy continue to erode our social values. When such factors work together, you have a fairly troubling phenomenon: male celebrities have an easy ride after being involved in a moral scandal while a female celebrity can be ruined. The same is true for the average man and woman. There should have been consequences for personal actions. Following the days of Tiger Woods' affairs in 2009, his personal income plummeted from US$121.9 million (S$173.6 million) in 2009 to US$55 million in 2014. His career never returned to the height he used to enjoy, and companies such as Accenture, AT&T, Gatorade and General Motors ended endorsement of the golf star. According to researchers from the University of California, Davis, Nike, Gatorade and other sponsors may have lost up to US$12 billion following the scandal. These may be the consequences for Lin to face as well.